Whitchurch/Stouffville was named the second fastest growing municipality in York Region as it jumped from 21.8% between 2011 and 2016.
It is projected that the town will reach a total population of 55,800 by 2021, and 60,600 in 2031, with 97% of the growth within the urban areas of the Community.
The growth of this community is provincially governed by the Oak Ridges Moraine Conservation Act, the Greenbelt Protection Act and the Places to Grow Act.
The reason behind the governed statues is to ensure that future growth does not affect the environmentally sensitive land and restricts it to specific areas.
Whitchurch-Stouffville is a community with a big heart and a lot to offer. The town launched a webpage for the purpose of connecting people in the community who are in need of help with those who are looking to help out.
WHITCHURCH/STOUFFILLE MLS® Listings
Find Your Perfect Home For Sale!
Click the button below to view results in Whitchurch/Stouffille for Single Family, Condos and Townhouse. You can filter to your liking.
Things To Do
You won’t get bored living here.
- Applewood Farm Winery
- Bruce’s Mill Conservation Area,the northern gateway to Rouge Park with trails, and Community Safety Village.
- Burd’s Family Fishing
- Downtown Stouffville Farmers’ Market (Thursdays, May–October)
- Latcham Art Gallery
- Lionel’s Farm (Petting zoo, pony farm, horse centre and wagon collection)
- Magic Hill Farms
- York-Durham Heritage Railway
- Ringwood Fish Culture Station
- Timber Creek Mini Golf & Family Fun Centre
- Whitchurch–Stouffville Museum
- Willow Springs Winery
- Churchill Chimes Equestrian Centre
The Stouffville Strawberry Festival is a traditional community fair on the Canada Day weekend, which celebrates Stouffville’s agricultural heritage
Newmarket has a beautiful Main Street Heritage Conservation District, which is over a 100 years of history. There are many historical buildings being preserved and Newmarket’s historic Main Street was awarded winner of the 2016 People’s Choice “Best Street Award” as part of the Institute’s Great places in Canada contest.
Discover Downtown Stouffville! A stroll down Main Street offers many experiences and showcases the small town charm and welcoming ambience that Stouffville is known for. The Mayor of Stouffville, had considered Main Street, Stouffville the “jewel of the municipality.” There are many shops, restaurants and community events for residents and visitors to enjoy.
Whitchurch/Stouffville has a variety of Public and Catholic schools from elementary to highschool. All schools are overseen by the York Region District School Board and the York Catholic District School Board.
1 Public High School
8 public elementary institutions:
- Ballantrae Public School
- Glad Park Public School
- Summitview Public School
- Whitchurch Highlands Public School
- Harry Bowes Public School
- Oscar Peterson Public School
- Wendat Village Public School
- Barbara Reid Public School
3 Catholic elementary institutions
- Saint Mark’s Catholic Elementary
- Saint Brigid Catholic Elementary
- Saint Brendan Catholic Elementary
Stouffville also has four private schools:
- The Progressive Montessori Academy
- Stouffville Christian School
- Mindtech Montessori School
- Willowgrove Primary School
Primarily roadways include Highway 48, Highway 407, and Highway 404, which are in turn complemented by a network of regional roads that form a grid pattern across the town.
The town is located along the Highway 404 corridor, which offers easy access to GTA markets and to new business opportunities in one of Canada’s fastest growing economies – York Region.
Public Sector Employers
Private Sector Employers
- Teva Canada, pharmaceutical manufacturing: 310 employees
- Parkview Services for Seniors, 250 employees
- Strategic Information Technology, computer and communications equipment and supplies: 160 employees
- K-Line Group, electrical power generation: 120 employees
- Ontario SPCA, 120 employees
- Hanson, concrete pipe manufacturing: 105 employees
- King Cole Ducks Processing: 100 employees
- Stock Transportation Ltd., school and employee bus transportation
- Tam-Kal, sheet-metal manufacturing for HVAC industry
- Wal-Mart Supercentre
A complete list of major employers in Whitchurch/Stouffville can be found here.
- Population: 45,837
- Average home price: 987,222
- 9 public schools
- 3 catholic schools
- 32km of Trails
- 3 recreational centres
- Stouffville Strawberry Festival
REAL ESTATE IN WHITCHURCH/ STOUFFILLE
Click here to explore:
- Most expensive home for sale
- Most popular home for sale
- Least expensive home for sale
- Neighbourhoods in Newmarket
- Town vs. region stats
- Google map
- Real Estate market health
I am passionate about making a difference by combating poverty and human trafficking. These are the organizations I support.