Bradford is the primary country urban area of the Town of Bradford West Gwillimbury, overlooking The Holland Marsh, located on the Holland River that flows into Lake Simcoe.
Bradford’s very famous historical landmark still operates today. Located at the intersection of Highway 88 and Highway 11 The Village Inn Hotel is known for its dining, lodging, and hospitality. The building was a meeting place for local residents and travellers making their way to other parts of the country. This historic building has survived a couple of fires including the great downtown fire of 1957 and in 1980, it was hit by a crane. Over the years the Village Inn has been remodeled extensively.
Bradford MLS® Listings
Find Your Perfect Home For Sale!
Click the button below to view results in Bradford for Single Family, Condos and Townhouse. You can filter to your liking.
Things To Do
Music in the Park brings Bradford to life by providing the town a variety of live musical performances each week during the summer months.
Mayor’s Hike for Health A free event that brings fitness, games, music and entertainment along with snacks and a bbq lunch for the community to enjoy!
Outdoor Movies A popular August event where locals bring their lawn chairs, blankets and snacks and enjoy free movies under the stars.
Bradford doesn’t have a lot of restaurants. Some of the ones listed below are in nearby communities.
- Hay Caramba Restaurant – Mexican, Latin
- Hot stacks
- Brick N Fire Restaurant & Bar – Italian, Pizza
- La Mexicanada Restaurante Bradford – Mexican, Latin
- Lemar’s Pizza – Pizza, Fast food
- Bangkok Saigon Noodle – Asian, Thai
- 7 Skewers Mediterranean Grill – Mediterranean, Middle Eastern
- Nostimo Greek Souvlaki – Greek, Mediterranean
- Toast Home-Style – Diner, Canadian
- Iron Horse Bar & Grill – Bar, Pub
Parks, Trails and Open Spaces
The Town of Bradford West Gwillimbury manages 26 parks and parkettes for all residents to enjoy as well as a series of well developed Urban trails.
Along with the copious amounts of parks and trails, Bradford also offers 5 splash pads for residents to enjoy in the summertime.
- Bradford Lions Park
- Alan Kuzmich Memorial Park
- Ron Simpson Memorial Park (formerly Dreamfields Park)
- Henderson Memorial Park
- Middletown Park (spray pad)
Click here for a handy PDF map of trails, ball diamonds, basketball courts, soccer pitches, tennis courts, parking, playgrounds, splash pads, parking and portable toilets.
With 23 stores, Smartcentres Bradford offers residents the opportunity to do much of their shopping close to home; with stores like Walmart, EB Games, Marshalls and Dollarama. For the fitness savvy residents there is also Goodlife Fitness and GNC as well.
There are two other plaza’s in Bradford for shopping convenience:
- Holland St Square – 21 stores
- North Bradford Square – 6 stores
There are 12 schools in the town, including two secondary schools:
Elementary schools include:
- Chris Hadfield Public School
- Fred C. Cook Public School
- Fieldcrest Elementary School
- Hon. Earl Rowe Public School
- Marie of the Incarnation Catholic School
- Mother Teresa Catholic School
- Sir William Osler Public School
- St. Charles Catholic School
- St. Jean de Brebeuf Catholic School
- W.H. Day Elementary School
- St. Angela Merici Catholic School
There are no university or college campuses in Bradford.
Bradford’s downtown is situated between County Road 4 and County Road 88. County Road 88 intersects with Ontario’s Highway 400, approximately 8km from the downtown core.
Bradford West Gwillimbury’s municipal transit system provides a bus service and a shared-ride taxi service for GO Train commuters.
- Population: 529,870
- Average Home Price: 759,907
- 6 Public Elementary Schools
- 1 Secondary School
- 5 Catholic Elementary Schools
- 1 Catholic Secondary Schools
- Leisure Centre
- Annual Festivals: Carrot Fest, Pumpkin Fest
REAL ESTATE IN BRADFORD
Click here to explore:
- Most expensive home for sale
- Most popular home for sale
- Least expensive home for sale
- Neighbourhoods in Newmarket
- Town vs. region stats
- Google map
- Real Estate market health
I am passionate about making a difference by combating poverty and human trafficking. These are the organizations I support.